Health care coverage is available to individuals and families who meet certain eligibility requirements. If you are uninsured, purchase individual coverage or believe your employer provided coverage is inadequate or unaffordable, you may be able to shop for ACA marketplace coverage. To be eligible to enroll in ACA health coverage:
- Must live in the United States.
- Must be a US Citizen or national (or be lawfully present).
- Must not be incarcerated.
- Do not have access to affordable healthcare options through an employer.
- Are not eligible for or receiving healthcare coverage through MO HealthNet / Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Medicare, Veterans Healthcare or TRICARE.
- Are not currently receiving coverage through a parent’s insurance plan or other qualified insurance plans.
- Have an income equal to or above the minimum income guidelines established through the ACA.
- You may qualify for financial assistance to help cover the cost of your insurance premiums and the costs you incur when you receive care (deductibles, copays, co-insurance, etc.). To learn more about these possible options and guidelines click on the year for which coverage would be needed: 2019 2020